Pages widget

1 September 2014

...But I can see Su!

This month at Country View Crafts Challenges the theme is 'Nautical'. I must confess that my heart sank like an anchor (see what I did there?!) as I don't have any nautical themed stamps until I remembered this one! Then I remembered my parents saying 'I see no ships' pretty much every time we visited the seaside! The background to the saying, which is a famous misquote, is here (towards the bottom) and my hanging was born!
I was quite amused by the idea of Su (the name for my Phrenology head) being unable to see the ships because they are balanced on her glasses! Sometimes it's hard to spot what's right in front of us! I do hope you'll join in with us this month - there's lots of incredible inspiration on the blog this month so please do pop by and see it!
Signature

10 comments:

Helen said...

A great tag, and nice to see Su again, she's not been out for a while...

Doreen said...

Love your tag,fabulous image.xxx

Brenda Brown said...

Brilliant Gabrielle, a fabulous image and great saying to go with it. Love it.
Fabulous to see you again yesterday. Lots of luck to Tom this week and have a great week yourself.
hugs Brenda xx

Jennie Atkinson said...

Fabulous tag Gabrielle and a great take on the theme!

SCarol said...

This is just so quirky and fun!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Fabulous - thanks for the smile on my face.

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Gabrielle,
This appealed to my sense of humour, and I laughed when I saw it put up on the blog. I think what you have done here is very very clever, and Su certainly looks the part for the saying. This Tag is a wonderful interpretation for the Nautical theme.
Smiles:)
Sue

Sue said...

This is brilliant Gabrielle, I LOVE this stamp! It was so nice to finally meet you yesterday xx

Words and Pictures said...

An inspired take on the theme - this made me laugh out loud when I first saw it! Fantastic fun!
Alison x

sarascloset said...

A very different take on the theme and so humorous!