21 January 2015

Red and flowers

It's time for a second in our new series of challenges over at Dragons Dream Tag It On. This fortnight my lovely friend Helen has challenged us to use Red and a flower(s) (as well as the regular rules of a stamped image and a tag).
The background is PaperArtsy Frescos which I 'cracked' with their Crackle Glaze. I chose to use a lovely Wendy Vecchi stamp which I stamped five times on tissue paper and then cut out, painted and added some directly to the tag and some to card so I could make the flowers and leaves 3-Dimensional. The sentiment is made up from two Wendy Vecchi stamps which I drew round to make them 'pop' from the background. I really hope you'll join in with us this fortnight!
Signature

5 comments:

Julie Ann Lee said...

Loving the effect of the 3D flowers and the sentiment. I like the way you painted over the book text, and the Wendy Vecchi stamp is stunning. I have a couple of her stamps on wood blocks that I bought when I started crafting and you've reminded me that I want some more!!! Oh dear, not enough space, not enough time and not enough money!!! Lol! xxx

geistige_Schritte said...

wunderful the flowers and the book text!
Elke

Helen said...

the tulip stamp is just gorgeous and the whole tag looks just fabulous.

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A wonderful tag, love the 3-D-effect.

Kirsten Alicia Sheridan said...

Gorgeous tag, I love the tulips, they look so nice against the crackled background.