Pages widget

4 February 2015

Gee, it's orange!

This fortnight the theme at DragonsDream Tag It On is Orange and a letter as chosen by the rather lovely Silvia. The idea is to use the theme, a tag and at least one stamp! I decided I wanted to use my large wooden 'g' as the letter and so inked the back of it and stamped it onto tissue paper. Once I'd done that I was reminded of this tag and decided to make an orange version! 
The reverse of the tissue 'g' was painted lightly with Beach Hut Fresco paint and I sued the same paint on cream card and then stamped the birds on top.
I deliberately kept the background plain as I love the vibrant orange of Spice Marmalade Distress Ink. So, how will you interpret our theme this fortnight? We're really looking forward ton seeing your tags!
Signature

7 comments:

Julie Lee said...

Oh, I so love those birds! I've kept meaning to buy them for ages and then something else comes along. I know I'll have them someday! It's the hats - and the text - they're just great! What a wonderful, vibrant orange. I've probably said this before, but I do love the way you use colour. xxx

Unknown said...

So beautifully vibrant! Xx

ElizabethR said...

G it's fabulous, sorry couldn't resist that one lol. Love the bright colour and the birds, Elizabeth xxx

Kirsten said...

Terrific tag!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Fantastic, just a gorgeous tag. Love the bright colored background.

Helen said...

G for gorgeous! I love those birds, and the quote is great too.

Annie said...

That's a favorite orange of mine too. I love your fabulous looking birds in their party hats. A really fun tag!