Pages widget

18 February 2015

Hearts

This fortnight the theme at DragonsDream Tag It On is Pink and hearts as chosen by our new DT member Catherine who is fabulously talented. The idea is to use the theme, a tag and at least one stamp!
I created the background with paint and added some hearts using the Tim Holtz hearts stencil and then laid Wendy Vecchi's heart stencil on the top. I painted the heart and then, when dry, I added layers of Portfolio pastels. I love experimenting with these and suspect I haven't even scratched the surface of these beauties yet!
The quotation is from Wendy Vecchi and the lines are an Ellen Vargo stamp (probably my favourite one she designed! Use it a lot!) I hope you join in with us this fortnight, we'd love to see what you make.
Signature
Edit: Have realised that this will fit in nicely with the current Make ART challenge so I'm adding this there! Love happy accidents like this!!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

wonderfully this pink one and the hearts forms

Julie Lee said...

Great shade of pink and a lovely background! I love this quote too. The way you arranged the sentiment is so effective. This is such a beautiful and vivid tag! xx

Helen said...

wonderful tag, love the background and your big bold heart on top.

Hazel Agnew said...

Fabulous, love it to bits! X

Kirsten said...

Wow! That's stunning.

Annie said...

I love the luscious pink color of your heart! The background graphics and texture are a feel of the many aspects of real life that surrounds our hearts and love. A beautiful tag.

catherine said...

This is just so beautiful Gabrielle and so perfect for my challenge theme this week
x catherine

Carmen said...

A beautiful tag - that pink on the heart is so vibrant.

Lauren Hatwell said...

I really love how you've put this together. Lx

Etsuko said...

A brilliant tag, lovely the background and the big fresh heart... It is shining. xxx