Pages widget

21 February 2015

I just wanted to say...

For my second project for the Country View Crafts Challenges this month I wanted to use my Drips and Drops in a slightly different way. Last time my drip was a flower stalk, this time it’s something for my chap to stand on! 
The background is a rectangular Art Part that I added a torn piece of Tissue Wrap to. I used white, blue and green paint in the background and then used some of the blue paint (watered down to a sort of single cream consistency) and ran a drip down the side. 
When it was dry I added some drips of Dylusions Ink and some blue circles of Distress Ink through a mask. I used orange for a third colour (white never seems to count does it?!) as it lifts the blue and green. 
Then I stamped my chap onto tissue paper; painted the reverse; adhered to cream card and cut out. I also stamped out three circles (they are the centre of the frame from the first Clare Lloyd for PaperArtsy set) and painted the reverse and adhered them to card too. 
When I decided where I wanted my chap to go I stamped him directly onto the Art Part and punched a hole through his hand with my Crocodile  I fed three pieces of wire through the hole and then adhered the cut out image over the stamped image on the Art Part  disguising the hole. I then bent the wires to where I wanted them to go and added two of the balloons. On the third I added a sentiment and then attached it. The final touches were a little more stamping and a little shadowing around my chap and he was finished! I hope you like my project and that you join in with us this month!
Signature

2 comments:

Helen said...

Gabrielle, this is gorgeous!! I must get that stamp for my collection!

snazzyoriginal said...

What a fab combination of colours x