Pages widget

11 February 2015

Journal Playtime

When I saw this quote and just couldn't resist using it and I had some prepared pages in my medium journal that I couldn't turn into the pages I wanted them to be. They've been sat there for about four months and suddenly this seemed to be the time to use them!
Originally the pages were Limelight with a middle page shaped and painted with Beach Hut but I couldn't get the pages to work as intended (I can now see where I was going wrong!) so I added a little London Bus and a little more Beach Hut with Chalk paint (all from PaperArtsy) and then started to add stamps and a little stencilling.
The lady is but up from images sourced at Mischief Circus. I assembled this on my computer so I could get the printed sizes correct - I am by no means any good at digital art (digital scrapbooking etc is a mystery to me!) but this I was just about able to work out! I did, however print all the images out separately rather than one image so that I could ink them and that, in real life, there is a little more texture than one flat image.
The quotation was one that was on Facebook! Most quotes on there don't resonate but this one did! I think she will still need a little work, but in the meantime I hope you like my pages!
Signature

2 comments:

Kirsten said...

I LOVE this spread! Gorgeous colours & layers & the image & quote are fab.

Julie Lee said...

This is so much fun! I've seen people using Mischief circus images, but I haven't a clue how to use digital images in my art! The only thing I've ever done is scan in my own artwork and shrink it to fit projects. I love what you've done here. The colours look great and I like the quote. xxx