Pages widget

16 February 2015

Love me forever

I LOVE Lin Brown's new paint colours for PaperArtsy as part of this latest release. They are rich and vibrant and really evocative of her holiday. I wanted to make a journal page  with a softer feel as it was recently Valentine's Day, and so I used three of the colours (Caribbean Sea, Bougainvillea, Banana) with Chalk to create a softer palette. 
Over the top I added some stencilled images in Distress Ink and some stronger stamped images. I love these new painty rings by Sara Naumann (and my favourite stripes from Ellen Vargo) - I've used them lots already! 
I then added some more stamping courtesy of Emma Godfrey's new stamps as well as images from Mischief Circus. To finish it off I added some painty rings (using bottle caps!) in Caribbean Sea, Bougainvillea and Chalk.
I thought I'd add this to the PaperArsty challenge this fortnight which is Paint themed!
Signature

9 comments:

Hazel Agnew said...

Absolutely stunning! Love it to bits! Xx

Helen said...

I love this Gabrielle!! How fantastic do those vibrant paints look, toned down with the Chalk - must try that very soon!!

Etsuko said...

Absolutely beautiful, very fantastic images and colours are so lovely. xx

Julie Lee said...

You have really used those new paints brilliantly, Gabrielle! I love these pages. This time the challenge theme is just great to play along with because there is so much you can do with the lovely new colours. Fabulous journal pages. xx

Clare Lloyd said...

Love your page.

Claire said...

So so pretty! Love how you toned down the fab new colours to create a lovely pastel spread X

Lucy Edmondson said...

Oh wow Gabrielle I love this pastel effect,

Lucy x

PaperArtsy said...

I love how those colours look with chalk added! A beautiful palette!

Kezzy said...

Wow wow wow truly stunning journal pages, I love how you have taken the new colours and added chalk to tone them down, super awesome. Happy Art :-) Kezzy xxx