Pages widget

1 March 2015

Exceed the limits

Congratulations Country View Crafts Challenges on your Blogaversary! And to celebrate this month the theme is ‘Anything Goes’. Now I quite like having a monthly theme. Well, I say I quite like it, I do occasionally grumble to myself when I see the title and wonder if I can make anything that would fit! Then, once I’ve had a think I realise I love the theme and don’t want it to end! So, I tell you all that so you know how hard I find ‘Anything Goes’! So this month I have chosenmy own theme and to focus on my new favourite colour, Bougainvillea - it will feature in both projects!

I covered a small mdf board with Chalk paint and then added Carribean Sea with a hint of Bougainvillea. I then added some stamped images in the background before adding washi tape for my chap to stand on. The chap was cut out and painted and I added the large brackets (I love these!) and the Dylusions quote which seemed so appropriate after the day at work I’d had!!!

We can’t wait to see what you’ll make for our theme – don’t forget there’s a prize to be had!
Signature

7 comments:

Helen said...

I love that quote and it seems to fit him so well! Great art!

snazzyoriginal said...

You always put these pieces together in such a clever way - and my favourite heart stamp n the background too x

Brenda Brown said...

Fabulous art board Gabrielle, love the colour palette and great design xxx

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Gabrielle,
You always put a smile on my face with your makes and this one is no exception...the quote perfect for your image;which looks a little frazzed!
Smiles:)
Sue

Kirsten said...

That is wonderful & I LOVE the quote! I hope today as a good work day for you & it was lovely to see you yesterday.

Deb said...

LOL, love that quote! Great colour palette too, the caribbean sea and bougainvillea are great together!

crafty creations said...

Simply brilliant - love the quote