Pages widget

1 August 2015

Beach Hut

The joy of warmer weather means that summer is here and there’s something special about the UK in the summer! This month’s theme puts me in mind of bucket and spade summer holidays at the beach! Jo Firth-Young’s stamps are just perfectly evocative of these holidays and I have used them a lot this month! For my first project for the new Country View Crafts Challenge this month, with the theme of Summertime, I have made a tag. The beach hut opens up!

I started by brayering the tag with blue paint and then added a layer of white paint. I then stencilled randomly around the tag with blue paint and lightly sanded. This gives a lovely smooth finish for stamping as well as helping to give the finished look of it being a little ‘weathered’. I then stamped a sentiment around the edges and linked them up with a black pen.
I stamped a beach hut on cream card and then, using the remaining ink on the stamp, lightly stamped some more card. I then drew lines across this ‘ghosted’ image joining the lines on the image. I then painted both huts. With the first hut I cut the doors with a craft knife so they would open. I added some stamped, painted images inside and some buckets in a matching ink to the background of tag. I am going to take this tag on holiday with me to use as a postcard and write on the top half!

I hope you’ll join in with this month’s challenge – we’d love to see what you make!
Signature

8 comments:

Helen said...

great tag Gabrielle, and will make a lovely postcard! enjoy your holiday..

rachel said...

this is beautiful Gabrielle - nothing says summer more than beach huts! Wonderful! Hugs rachel x

snazzyoriginal said...

Another clever idea, have a great holiday x

Deborah Wainwright said...

Love this Gabrielle, such a sweet little hut and fab that the doors open to reveal more fun inside. Hugs Debsxx

Deb said...

Love how the doors open on your wonderful little beach hut, love it Gabrielle!

Words and Pictures said...

Lovely bright seaside colours, and I just love that the doors open!
Alison xx

Kirsten said...

Very cute tag, love the colours.

crafty creations said...

Brilliant the way you have created this tag Gabrielle