Pages widget

1 April 2017

Rust

It's a new month and a new challenge at Country View Crafts Challenges and for my first project this month I made a mdf plaque look rusty!
I started by covering the plaque with Little Black Dress Fresco paint by putting a small amount of paint on some Cut and Dry foam and tapping the foam on the plaque. I didn't want a smooth surface as rusty surfaces are anything but smooth! I then built up several layers using Mocha Mousse, Chutney, Captain Peacock and Smoked Paprika. I probably made a total of about 30 layers building up the colours and trying to ensure a random spread of colour - this is the plaque about halfway through the process.
I then added Copper Treasure Gold and added more paint over the top. Then I added a little torn piece of paper and some embellishments I treated the same way as the background.
Thank you for sharing my project today - I hope you find your inner rustiness!
Signature

13 comments:

Lin said...

Love this Gabrielle it lookds extremely rusty!!

rachel said...

This is super rusty gabrielle. Brilliant piece. Hugs rachel x

Craftyfield said...

I love the CAS design and the rust is so realistic Gabrielle! Enjoy your weekend.

Brenda Brown said...

Fabulous rusty effects xxx

Sue said...

I really like this one, fab rusty texture! Have a fun weekend. Sue xx

Hazel Agnew said...

Wow Gabrielle. There's something very satisfying about this piece. Make a great bookcover! Xx

Miriam said...

Fabulous project Gabby - I am thinking this would look great on the front of a journal too!

Artmadnana said...

Ooh all those layers!! I'm in heaven. Must have a go at this. I love it Gabrielle!

Evelyn Walter said...

Very cool project, dear Gabrielle! Love your rust and the small amount of embellishments! Gorgeous!
xxx Evelyn

Kirsten said...

Rusty fabulousness! It's gorgeous!

Corrie Herriman said...

Fantastic ! Love it !
Corrie x

Jane said...

Wow Gabrielle...such realistic looking rust! Great work xx

Lisa H said...

Love!!!! you achieved a fabulous rusty look