Pages widget

1 July 2017

Things with Wings

Can you believe it? It's July already! The new month brings a new challenge at Country View Crafts Challenges and it's... Things with Wings.
For my first project I altered a page in my Creative Dyary. It was one of those pages with a preprinted image on and, although it's a cool image, I wanted it to be part of the background. Using very thin layers of Snowflake, Beach Hut and Limelight paint I gave the page a facelift and then added stamped images on top (including a bird for he is a winged thing!) Then I took my pencils and added colours - lots of blues, yellows, oranges, pinks and purples as well as some washy tape and highlights of Snowflake.
I hope you like my page and you join in with us this month - you may win a prize!
Signature
(If you're wondering what she loved - my daughter fell in love with Manchester Metropolitan University at its open day last week)

8 comments:

Deborah Wainwright said...

Love your page Gabrielle, I know what you mean printed backgrounds, they can be great first layers. Hugs Debsxx

Sue said...

Love this Gabrielle, great fun! Have a lovely weekend. Sue xx

Miriam said...

Love this!! Great project Gabrielle xx

Artmadnana said...

I love those colours Gabrielle. It gives the original print images a 'ghostly' feel. Great news that Freya liked Manchester Met.

Corrie Herriman said...

I love, love, love these colours ! Great altered page !
Corrie x

Hazel Agnew said...

What a great idea to incorporate your journal background into your project Gabrielle. Fab project. Xx

rachel said...

super work Gabrielle! Hugs rachel x

Evelyn Walter said...

Love your page, Gabrielle! Super cool image and the colors are wonderful.
Have a great weekend!
xxx Evelyn