Pages widget

8 July 2011

Art Parts

Now I appreciate that I am late in catching on (well, not late exactly, just lacking in time to experiment - isn't it always the way?!) but I have finally managed to have a play with some Wendy Vecchi Art Parts and Tim's Distress Stains that I bought from lovely Linda and Karen at LB Crafts. I have to confess that I wasn't really sure how to use them but just thought I'd have a go and then could always quietly 'file' them if the outcome wasn't great! I used a large flower from Flower Set, glued dictionary paper to it and covered it in Fired Brick Distress Stain. I love this colour - just such a lovely depth. I then covered some Leaves in Peeled Paint Distress Stain and used Vintage Photo Distress Ink on the edges. 
I covered an ATC Art Part in some leftover paper (Square Hare) from our Alice in Wonderland party and then coloured it with Wild Honey Distress Stain. The sentiment is from PaperArtsy Ephemera - Plate 2 and stamped in Jet Black Archival Ink. The bottle is from the Borders and Bottles set and stained in Broken China. The hand is from Wendy's Collectible Art (SCS043) set and again stamped in Jet Black. I added a little script stamp in Vintage Photo to the top to look like a 'lid' and added Vintage Photo on the edges. I glued a pen nib to the bottom of the bottle, some Hitch Fasteners to the flower petals and two Swivel Clasps. I had such fun making this - I haven't before had the chance to play 'Wendy' style and it was really great to try something new. Have a great weekend and thanks again for all your lovely comments they are appreciated. Gabrielle x

1 comment:

craftytrog said...

Wow! Those colours are magnificent Gabrielle! Great design too!
Have a fab weekend!
Alison xx