Pages widget

8 September 2011

Flower Card... part one!

If you are here to take part in the Art from The Heart blog hop please scroll down to the post or click here!
For the first of this week's posts for the Creative Expressions DT I decided to keep it quick and simple - I seem to have oodles of time to make my more creative pieces but birthday cards are often made just in time to catch the last post of the day! I decided to use just three ingredients - the DT stamp set 'Wrinkles Don't Hurt'; Cosmic Shimmer Mists and a Blossom Nestabilities
I sprayed a spare bit of crumpled paper I found on my desk with Plum Twist, Silver and Lava Red Mists. I use an old shoe box as a 'mist' box so there's less chance of it contaminating my work desk - the colours on the bottom are now fabulous and one day I'll start a new box and reuse the old one as it's so incredible! 
The flowers are 6 pieces of white card cut with a middle sized die, crinkled and scrunched up. Then I sprayed the flowers with the same colours but they 'disappeared' against the background paper so I turned them over and sprayed them silver, edged them with Barn Door Distress Ink and them swiped them back through the leftover mist in the box. I stamped out the sentiment with Jet Black Archival Ink and cut out each line. 
I added a ribbon and then added the flowers. You could make a few more flowers and arrange them as a flower with the sentiment in the middle... hmmm... might try that! Part two tomorrow! Gabrielle x




No comments: