Pages widget

9 September 2011

Flower Cards - part two!


If you are here to take part in the Art from The Heart blog hop please scroll down to the post or click here!
For the second of this week's posts for the Creative Expressions DT I have continued to keep it quick and simple - I seem to have oodles of time to make my more elaborate pieces but birthday cards are often made very early in the morning before work or late at night when I'm too tired to know what I'm doing! I decided to use just three ingredients - the DT stamp set 'Wrinkles Don't 
Hurt'; Cosmic Shimmer Mists and a Blossom Nestabilities. The card and tag are made the same way with about 12 layers of turquoise tissue paper (that was wrapped round a present - I really waste nothing!) I used a middle sized die and the second smallest. I secured the middle with a brad and then crumpled the flower around the brad - as a clue it looks a little like a carnation! I then sprayed the flowers with a light spray of silver mist - you can always add more so start off 
with a light touch.  I stamped out the sentiment twice with Jet Black Archival Ink and cut out each line edging them with Tumbled Glass Distress Ink. The tag and card were edged with Tumbled Glass too. I added some decoration in black pen though if I wasn't trying to keep this speedy I would have broken out my sewing machine - but as this takes me a bout half an hour to thread (and it really is the simplest on the market!) I thought this might be pushing the notion of 'quick'! Thank you as always for reading - your support is very much appreciated. Gabrielle x

3 comments:

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Gorgeous flower, great use for tissue and sentiment. Tracy x

Georgie Horn said...

I love the flower...what a great card for being a quickie!

hazel said...

Lovely work, I love the flower.
xxx Hazel.