Pages widget

5 September 2011

I love...


If you are here to take part in the Art from The Heart blog hop please scroll down to the previous post or click here
The Sunday Stamper this week has the theme of lurve... and I have been looking for an excuse to use this giant Art Part heart from Wendy Vecchi! I covered the heart in a piece of Tim's Kraft Resist butterfly paper, making sure the large butterfly was under the opening. Then I covered it in Barn Door Distress Stain - I love this colour! As much as I adore Art Parts and Distress Stains, I am utterly addicted to Vintage Photo Distress Ink and so I edged the heart and the opening - think if I ever go on Desert Island Discs this would be my luxury - I can just see the whole island looking a whole lot better for a little Vintage Photo at the edges! The Art Part leaves are inked with two layers of Peeled Paint Distress Stain and then stamped a dotty stamp with Peeled Paint Distress Ink
The bird was left over from making this - and I never throw anything away! I added a tiny finding from a small stash of watch parts I discovered! The first flower is a floral Art Part with a Grungepaper flower on top. Both are coloured with Spiced Marmalade Distress Stain and I used the dotty stamp with Spiced Marmalade Distress Ink on the top flower. 
The centre is a little watch face! The two butterflies are Wendy's stamps and are stamped with Jet Black Archival Ink on Grungepaper. The smaller has Worn Lipstick, Barn Door and Aged Mahogany Distress Stains and the larger has Milled Lavender and Dusty Concord. I ink the butterfly and the add the deeper colours at the edges and blend with a 
paintbrush while they are still wet. The pink flower is another floral Art Part with Worn Lipstick Distress Stain with a script stamp stamped with Coffee Archival Ink. The smaller flower is a little wooden one with Victorian Velvet Distress Stain and a little watch part centre. I cut a piece of paper from a Slice pad (the paper has Shakespearean love 
sonnets on it) and stamped wings in Vintage Photo and then covered the paper in Antique Linen Distress Stain. The wooden scrabble tiles were found in the garage when we had a clear out two weeks ago. I wish I could remember where they came from so I could buy more! The chain has two jump rings and is attached to the heart with Hitch Fasteners. Thank you for reading - please let me know what you think! Gabrielle x


I am also submitting this into the first ever Crafty Boots challenge (Anything Goes) and Simon Says Stamp and Show (Anything Goes).

19 comments:

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Love your heart Gabrielle and I am in love with vintage photo but the stain, I seem to use it for everything LOL. Your heart is beautifully decorated and I love the addition of the watch parts. Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp and Show challenge. Tracy x

CraftygasheadZo said...

Love this heart. Your colour choices are fantastic. Thanks for joining us over at Crafty Boots. Zo x

Helen said...

What fantastic colours! I love that pink... Your heart and it's flowers and butterflies are just gorgeous...

Amy Tidd said...

This is an absolutely stunning project - i love the bird especially! Thanks for taking part in our first 'Craft Boots Challenge!'

Amyxx

Kaz Hall said...

Just stunning gabrielle, really gorgeous xx

kazx

Terry said...

Thank you for joining into the Bloghop from Simon Says Stamp and Show and Simon Says Stamp, love your heart wowzerssss absolutely stunning. Hugs Terry xxxx

Unknown said...

I really like this. You have done a fabby job love how you have worked this (the resist paper looks scrummy used with the ink stain;0) Dxx

Faye said...

What a lovely project the colours you have used are fab. Thanks for joining us over at Crafty Boots for our first challenge Faye x

Shelly Hickox said...

I can't believe that background is the kraft resist - it looks totally gorgeous!! I love your heart!

Sarah said...

This is wonderful Gabrielle. Such vivid colours and lovely details. I think you really growing and coming along in huge leaps and bounds in your creativity (Now I sound like your mum). You have a great eye for design. Be brave, put yourself out there and show 'em what you got.
Thanks so much for sharing with us at the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge!!! Sarah.

p.s. Did you get the goodies?

debby4000 said...

Love your wall hanging such beautiful colours and details.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamps Challenge.
luv
Debby

hazel said...

Your heart is fabulous Gabrielle, beautifully decorated.
xxx Hazel.

Stephie Boots said...

This is stunning I love it! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Boots Challenges! xCBx

Hels Sheridan said...

Gorgeousness indeedily hun...loving those bright and happy colours... thanks for joining in with the Sunday sTamper... oh and when you go to the desert island make sure you take me with cos my luxury would be Aged Mahog Stain... imagine how pretty that island would look lol x

Jo said...

Hi Gabrielle, this is lovely, you are sooo brave using all those bright colours - I tend to run a mile from such brightness whether it's wall colours, clothes or art! I now have visions of you and Hels wandering around your island in grass skirts and coconut bikini tops edging all the palm trees in distress ink! jo xx

Dee's Craft Room said...

Hi Gabrielle

Thank you for entering the first Crafty Boots Challenge. I love your use of colours and your refreshing new take on an idea.

Dionne

JoZart Designs said...

Lovely vibrant piece of artwork. Really creative and imaginative,
joZarty x

Kutty said...

What can I say, fabulous! X

Kitty said...

Fab. X