Pages widget

1 October 2015

Add some Texture

The new challenge over at Country View Crafts Challenges is ‘Add some Texture’. This is a wonderfully diverse topic that means you can let your imagination run wild!
I wanted to use Grunge Paste as my texture and to add painty layers to make some visual texture. This is a l-o-n-g post so you are warned! I started with an MDF block and I used the new paint colours from PaperArtsy.
I started by adding Grunge Paste through a stencil
Then I added a layer of blue paint and then plum
I then added green paint
Then I added the lighter green paint and kept adding painty layers until I was happy!
The final touch was to add a watercolour highlight to the flower. I used a black watercolour pencil and then added water to activate it but you could use charcoal or a Distress marker or watered down paint...
Thank you for popping by – I know the team are looking forward to seeing what you make!
Signature

11 comments:

Helen said...

Just love the way this new colour release blend together so well. LOVE this, Gabrielle! hope work settles down a bit for you soon, missed your creativity!

Words and Pictures said...

Absolutely beautiful - the colours are stunning together, and I love the layered depth.
Alison xx

snazzyoriginal said...

Love this, layers of perfection I think!

Monika Gulyas said...

This is simply beautiful!

Sandy said...

Absolutely glorious!
Sandy xx

rachel said...

so very pretty - love this! hugs rachel x

Anonymous said...

The most beautiful colours with a lovely sense of depth. A stunning creation.
Wishes
Lynne

Deborah Wainwright said...

This is lovely Gabrielle great colours xx

Kirsten said...

Beautiful!

Deb said...

Amazing layers of colour Gabrielle and the final touch of black waterdolour just makes it pop! Thanks for sharing it, Deb xo

SewPaperPaint said...

I just marvel over this. You've created such depth with the color. I would love to have this hanging in my home, my kind of project!