Well, yesterday, no 1 child and I sat down and had a great few hours playing with my distress inks. We followed the instructions pretty closely as Linda had laid out but I have discovered that I can't cut even squares for toffee!!! Not even with my guillotine... hopeless!
Please read the article as it gives much better instructions but basically:
- Cut 3 2" squares per colour and one 6" x 2" strip
- Colour two squares (using Cut n' Dry foam)
- On the first stamp a flourish
- On the second mist with water and wipe off
- On the third swipe the ink across the square
- Glue the squares to the strip and write the name of the colour on the bottom square
- Make a front and back cover and attach altogether with a book ring
I found some colours that I have completely forgotten I had and now I can colour match in a way I couldn't before! Also it was a project that my 10 year old could do with ease and that meant an afternoon of the Easter holidays flew by! Win win!
Huge thank you to Linda for letting me blog this brilliant idea - you are an inspiration!